Recent stories
The Student News Site of Southwestern Oklahoma State University

The Southwestern

The Southwestern

Discover The Top Best 5 Places To Eat In Weatherford, OK

The town of Weatherford is known to be a tight knit, small, family friendly community where friends and families come together to enjoy each other’s company. What bring friends and families together? Food! In this article there is the list of the five best restaurants you can take your mom and dad to when they visit you for the weekend. 

1. Pecina’s 

Pecina’s is no doubt a student favorite. Pecina’s is a Mexican Cafe located in Weatherford, El Reno, and Hinton. The Mexican Cafe provides customers with a variety of complementary foods including chips and salsa, yellow and white queso, flour tortillas, and sopapillas. Pecina’s menu offers appetizers, tacos, combination plates, lunch specials, soups and Pepsi products for drinks.

Weatherford Location: 1711 E Main St, Weatherford, OK 73096 

Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00AM-9:00PM, Closed Sunday. 

Lunch Specials: Mon-Fri 11:00AM – 4:30PM 

Contact: (580) 772-2329 for Takeout and Delivery 

Website: Pecina’s Mexican Cafe (pecinas.com) 

2. The Cup 

If you’re looking for a cute place to study or a place to catch up with some old friends, The Cup is the perfect place to stop by. The cup has a wide selection of quick bite options that include smoothies, sandwiches, coffee, and pastries with a few vegan options.

Location: 103 W Main St, Weatherford OK 

Contact: (580) 774-2644

Hours: Mon-Sat 7:00AM-7:00PM, Closed Sundays

Facebook: The Cup | Facebook 

3. The Shed Grill & Bar 

If you’re looking for a place that offers full meals and that will leave your hunger satisfied for the day, The Shed will do the job. The Shed Grill & Bar is located on main street and is open seven days a week. To start off your stay at the Shed you can order from the starters menu which include your simple chips and salsa or classic cheese fries and more. For entree the Shed provides tacos, burgers, wings, sandwiches, wraps, and their very own Shed specialties that offer meals such as The Shed Bowl, Chicken and Waffles, St.Louis Ribs, and more. 

Location: 108 E Main St. Weatherford, OK 

Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00AM-9:00PM, Sunday 11AM-3:00PM 

Contact: (508) 816-5007

4. White Buffalo

White Buffalo is another great sit down restaurant area that customers can study and relax at. White Buffalo is a coffee shop but also serves quick bites as well. White Buffalo serves five different sandwich options along with appetizers and desserts. White buffalo is known for their both hot and cold coffee’s but they also provide different teas, lemonades, and caffeine free drinks. White Buffalo has something for everyone.

Location: 725 E Main St, Weatherford 

Hours: Mon-Sun 6AM-9PM 

Contact: (580) 650-2029

5. Jerry’s 

The last restaurant to visit on our list is Jerry’s. Jerry’s is a 50’s themed dinner that sits all families and friends. Jerry’s hits all the checkmarks on the breakfast list and also includes dinner menu. Jerry’s offers senior discounts and also allows customers to grocery shop from them online. 

Location: 1000 E Main St, Weatherford 

Hours: Mon-Sun 6AM-2PM 

Contact: (580) 772-3707 

Website: Weatherford – Jerry’s Restaurant – Diner (jerrysrestaurants.com)