Recent stories
The Student News Site of Southwestern Oklahoma State University

The Southwestern

The Southwestern

SWOSU Softball, Blaire Gentry Named GAC Pitcher of the Week

SWOSU softball hit the road this weekend to Hot Springs, AR. The Bulldogs played well and started the season 2-2. One player came out ready to go, Blaire Gentry. 

Blaire is a junior at SWOSU and this is her first year playing for the bulldogs. She transferred from UARM after completing two starting years there. 

Blaire came out the second game and won it for the bulldogs, 1-0. She was the starting pitcher and threw a shutout game allowing no runs to score. She didn’t just pitch though, she came in her first at bat with a solo homerun. This was the only run to score for the bulldogs that game. She stayed tight in the circle and didn’t allow more than 2 hits that game. This game earned her GAC Pitcher of the week, the first this program has had since 2019. 

Combined throughout the whole weekend, Blaire only allowed one earned run out of all four games she pitched. She had only started that one game, but came in all four games to save the bulldogs. 

Blaire stated, “I was able to do so well because of the team I had behind me. I knew if the ball was put in play my defense would back me up. I believe this season is going to be strong for SWOSU, I feel we will shock some teams.”