Recent stories
The Student News Site of Southwestern Oklahoma State University

The Southwestern

The Southwestern

Pancakes for Brazil 

Pancakes for Brazil 

Bulldogs for Christ is hosting a pancake dinner on Monday, March 4th at 6 pm to help raise funds for their mission trip to Brazil. 

Bulldogs for Christ is a student ministry located across campus. The student ministry is also a part of the Weatherford Church of Christ. Bulldogs for Christ takes an international mission trip every summer to serve and fellowship with people worldwide. The student ministry would not be able to do this without the funds, support, and most importantly the prayers from the Weatherford community. 

In the past, the student ministry has traveled to Panama, Chicago, and Memphis to serve others. The group has done various things on these trips including pamphleting, feeding the homeless, volunteering for the local VBS, and most importantly fellowshipping and creating new relationships. 

The Pancake Dinner will be held Monday, March 4th at 6 pm. The event will be located at the Bulldogs for Christ Student Center (109 W. Davis) and will be $5 at the door. Along with Pancakes, the student ministry will also be selling past mission trip shirts along with other Bulldogs for Christ gear. 

Bulldogs for Christ will be hosting a few other fundraisers over the next few weeks to raise more money for this trip: 

• Okarche rolls fundraisers (February 28 – March 12)  
  • Garage sale (April 6th) 

These fundraisers are open to anyone! Participating in these fundraisers includes sweet treats, cheap and affordable items, and raises money to a good cause. Grab your pancakes on Monday, March 4th for a cheap and fulfilling meal.