Recent stories
The Student News Site of Southwestern Oklahoma State University

The Southwestern

The Southwestern

Amazon Prime series “The College Tour” coming to SWOSU

In an email sent out to students, it was announced that Amazon Prime Series “The College Tour” will feature SWOSU in an episode.  “The College Tour” highlights college life on campuses all around. Watch Now - TheCollegeTour.com

“Each episode of The College Tour tells the story of what life is truly like on college campuses across the country and around the world. From academics, housing, sports, career preparation, campus life/location and much much more. In this innovative and informative series, each story is told by real students attending the featured college or university right now,” the show’s bio on Amazon reads.

SWOSU is needing students to be featured in the series, up to ten students could be selected. The email stated that casting submissions can be submitted from students with any major, but a list of potential topics that could appear in the show are as follows:

• Education
  • Pharmacy
  • Innovation
  • Engineering Tech
  • Engineering Physics
  • Student Clubs
  • Nursing
  • PLC
  • Parks and Recreation
  • Business
  • Music
  • Location

Students should submit a 2-minute video detailing themselves, their major, and why they love SWOSU. They should also tell a story if it resonates with one of the previously mentioned topics. 

The deadline to apply is April 21. “The College Tour” will be on campus from June 3 – June 8. Students can apply here.