The Student News Site of Southwestern Oklahoma State University

The Southwestern

The Southwestern

SWOSU Softball Senior Weekend, to Close Out Home Schedule

SWOSU softball celebrated 5 seniors on April 20th as they closed out their home schedule against Arkansas Monticello. 

SWOSU softball worked this season and broke many records for the school, but still have a lot to work to do with losing 5 seniors. Seniors include were Courtney Hill(P), Rebeca Fajardo(3rd), Cierah Jones(3rd), Jordyn Wadley(1st), and Dani Carmo(C). All these seniors have been starters for SWOSU and have played a valuable part to this season. Courtney Hill broke at least one school record by being named GAC pitcher of the week not once, but twice this season. She also led the team to many victories in the circle.

Senior Jordyn Wadley, Senior Courtney Hill

These seniors played their last home game and came out with a victory. SWOSU won the series 2-1. These seniors will be missed and Dani Carmo(a four year starter behind the plate) said this, “I will miss being out on the field with my teammates everyday, all the laughs and memories made on and off the field. These girls have worked and I hope I made an impact on their lives. I want them to keep making this program better and giving it a new name.” Dani was a catcher for the Dawgs for 4 years now, she led this team as a catcher is supposed to. She wanted to leave a legacy for  others to follow.                                                                   

SWOSU softball is looking forward to next season and the new talent they are bringing, and looking to continue what these seniors started.