Recent stories
The Student News Site of Southwestern Oklahoma State University

The Southwestern

The Southwestern

SWOSU Quail Forever Hosting 4th Annual Banquet

SWOSU Quail Forever is hosting its fourth-annual banquet & gun bash on Friday, March 29th at 6:30 pm. The banquet will take place on the Memorial Student Union’s second floor.

Quail Forever is a habitat organization that aims to “conserve quail, pheasants, and other wildlife through habitat improvements, public access, education, and conservation advocacy,” as stated on the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service website.  The Washita River Chapter is run directly by SWOSU students, this being very rare for the organization. 

The banquet will feature dinner, a speaker (Oklahoma Game Warden Lt. Col. Wade Farrar), raffles, games, and much more. Prizes ranging from cornhole boards to rifles and so much more could be won at the event. All proceeds from the banquet will go back into the chapter to help fund projects and education for conservation advocacy. 

Tickets can be purchased online here. Tickets include a membership to Quail Forever, dinner, door prizes, and the chance at some of the items listed above. 

The chapter is also looking for sponsors and donations. If you or anyone you know is interested in sponsoring a table at the event, or donating items to be used as prizes, you can purchase a sponsorship on the website, or contact the chapter sponsor or president below.

Faculty Chapter Sponsor:

Tyler Rickey

[email protected]

580-774-3286

Chapter President:

Peyton Becker

[email protected]