Recent stories
The Student News Site of Southwestern Oklahoma State University

The Southwestern

The Southwestern

SWOSU Volleyball Wins on Senior Night with support from Thunder 66

SWOSU Athletics

SWOSU Bulldogs Volleyball comes out victorious on senior night and last home game of the season against the Northwestern Rangers with support from their biggest fans from Thunder 66.

Thunder 66 is the special olympic team from Weatherford and they are the biggest fans of SWOSU volleyball. Thunder 66 came out early and made noise makers and streamers in the Education center to support the girls. Mrs. Pankratz from SWOSU helped put this event on to help bring awareness to people and let them know the joy sports bring to people all over. 

Thunder 66 is special to SWOSU volleyball as Senior #10, Maicee Morgan is graduating and becoming an Exceptional student services teacher. 

Braden who is a member of the Thunder 66 enjoying making streamers before the game.

SWOSU Volleyball won the first set 25-22. The Dawgs fought and it was back and forth for a while but the energy from them never disappeared. They came back and won the set putting them ahead in the match. 

The Dawgs continued to fight, winning the second set 25-20. Watching this game, the Dawgs had no doubt in who was going to come out on top. These girls love this game and do whatever it takes to support their teammates. Winning this has put them ahead in the game, only needing to win one more set to win the series. 

SWOSU wins the last set 25-21 securing victory on Maicee Morgan’s senior night and last home game. Maicee ended her game with 9 kills to help her team. The Dawgs are headed to the GAC tournament in Hot Springs, Arkansas and are hoping to bring home a trophy for SWOSU.

Senior #10 Maicee Morgan celebrating with her teammates (SWOSU Athletics)