The Student News Site of Southwestern Oklahoma State University

The Southwestern

The Southwestern

SWOSU Track on the Road Making History

SWOSU Track on the Road Making History
SWOSU Athletics

The SWOSU track team has recently been making history. Breaking both personal and school records every meet, SWOSU track is going above and beyond to continue writing their name in history. This season, members of the track team have been working hard in the weight room and at practices. Collectively, the team has set goals this season and is achieving them. 

At the Bethel Invitational Meet, 11 personal records and 1 program record were broken.

Freshman, Natesa Ford, just set a new program record for SWOSU in the Hammer throw at 46.71 meters. However, she isn’t the only one breaking records. Marleigh West broke the school record in shot put at a 12.50 meter throw. 

Shot Put thrower, Marleigh West, was asked, “How are you guys breaking these records not just once, but every weekend?” Her response was, “We set goals for ourselves every weekend. We want to have our name written in history. We want something to come out of this program. We have standards for ourselves and our team.”  She has proven this statement and so has her team time and time again. 

Don’t blink. The 2024 SWOSU Track Team has something in the making, and you aren’t going to want to miss any more of their accomplishments. 

Check out SWOSU track in Shawnee, OK at the Ford Mastin Twilight April 20th, then the GAC Championship May 1-3rd.