SWOSU Volleyball Inks Oklahoma Prep Standout

WEATHERFORD, Okla. – SWOSU Volleyball Head Coach Josh Collins has announced the signing of Oklahoma High School standout Cameron Turner. The six-foot setter from Deer Creek High School will join the roster in the Fall of 2022.

“We were lucky to identify Cameron’s abilities early in her prep career and this day seems like a long-time-coming,” Collins said. “We couldn’t be more excited to finally add her to the Bulldog Family today.”

Cameron Turner
S, 6-0, Fr.-HS
Edmond, Oklahoma (Deer Creek HS)

Notes: Four-year letterwinner at Deer Creek High School, where she was selected to the 2021 Large West All-State Team… All-Tournament Team selection at the 2020 6A OSSAA State Tournament… Selected to five other All-Tournament Teams in her Career… Listed as the number one ranked setter in the Prep Dig Oklahoma Class of 2022… Averaged 44 Assists and 10 Digs per match… Played for head coach Lisa Polcovich.

Coach Collins on Turner: “Cameron is a tall, physical setter. Her experience as a member of premier Oklahoma high school & club teams has taught her how to win. She comes from a true Volleyball family and her Volleyball IQ is outstanding. She can set in-tempo and knows when and where to deliver the ball to give her hitters the best chance to score. Cameron is an incredible player and will make an immediate impact on the floor, but we are even more impressed with her character. She is an excellent student and just an all-around good person. We know that she will fit our culture and only make it stronger.”